Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Adventure!

Thanksgiving turned out to be a little chaotic this year! Amy went in for a routine doctor's appointment on Wednesday the 26th after doing some shopping in the morning with Mom. The baby's heart beat was not as fast as they like to see it (it was around 109 bpm, normally it's in the 130-160 range). Doctors monitored it for a while, then decided to do a c-section instead of waiting for her scheduled c-section on Friday. We got a call from Amy around 11:30 telling us we may have to reschedule Thanksgiving! Little Heidi Ring Sundberg was born around 1:25 PM on 11/26/08. I was estatic when I heard it was a girl; I think everyone was expecting a boy! Mom, Dad and baby are all doing well, they are actually heading home from the hospital today (11/29). No pictures yet, I'll post some in a few days. Heidi has a ton of hair! We're not exactly sure where it all came from, Amy was bald until she was 3 and Craig didn't have much either when he was born.
We decided to have Thanksgiving anyway. We brought leftovers to the hospital that night so Amy and Craig could enjoy too! Getting ready for Thanksgiving...

Nikki is now able to sit up in her Bumbo seat. Aunt Amy got her a cute Thanksgiving sleeper.

We did a turkey brine this year. I've never even heard of the word before Mike's sister, Shelley said it was the best way to make a turkey. It's super easy. We just soaked the turkey in a cooler overnight with a lot of water, salt and herbs, then cooked it in an oven bag like normal. It was fantastic! Definitely going to do it the same way next year!

Black Friday was a pretty lazy day for us! We munched on leftovers, took naps and hung Christmas lights - I love lazy days! Today, Saturday, Mike and Kota are hunting. I love my puppy, but it's nice to have a break from him following me around all the time and begging me to play with him. I'm not a huge fan of hunting but since Kota loves it and it gives him and Mike some time together away from the house, I'm all for it!

Here he is playing with Mike on Thanksgiving...

And keeping Nikki entertained... it's amazing how quickly she can go from happy to sad!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: